Our focus is on
Using principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to meet the individual needs of each child is the main focus of Exceptional Connections. We have maintained great relationships with the families we serve and have continued support with some of our clients for 10 years. We believe in eliminating the problem behavior and teaching the necessary skills to ensure the problem behavior does not return.Insurance Information Download our Registration Form
Social Skills Groups
We are excited to announce that we are starting new social skills groups this February! Please contact us for more information.
Why Applied Behavior Analysis?
- Empirical research
- Data driven
- Focus on function
- Social significance for each individual client and their family is a priority
Specific Uses of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Reduce disruptive/harmful/socially unacceptable behavior
- Teach appropriate skills to replace the problem behaviors
- Potty training
- Feeding issues(although in a home setting we have limits)
- Sleep issues
- School/home/community setting can be addressed directly in the environment
- Teach language
- Teach independence in home/daily living skills
- Teach social skills
- Use desensitizing techniques to make children more comfortable in doctor/dentist offices
Who can benefit from ABA?
- Who can benefit from ABA?
- Children with Autism
- Children with ADD/ADHD
- Children with developmental delays
- Children with conduct disorders
- Any child in general engaging in challenging behaviors